All Enterprises need a vision and a direction to flow in order to make a profit. As my consulting, I would suggest them a leader who should be one of the following types.
Corporate Level Leader:
These types of leaders direct the business leaders for taking and implementing strategic decisions at the time of critical business operations and obstacles. They are the coined as the founders because he gives equal attention to the community and the business. They demonstrate strength, tenacity and business acumen.
Some of the leader falling into this category are top-level leaders such as:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO): These leaders often interact with the organization’s board of directors and make decisions that have an overall impact, instead of decisions that just affect a department or a business unit.
Presidents: The president is the leader of the organization or company who is appointed to determine if the quorum, announcing the business order or agenda, and enforcing the rules of the group.
Directors & High-Ranking Managers: The directors supervise a particular area of a business. Their decisions affect their business unit or departments.
Business Level Leaders:
The Business Level Leader is confident, persistent, and inventive in business. Their key talent is to become a good communicator and inspire people. The main motive of a business level leader is to reach the strive for success as quickly as possible by development and business promotions. They are most flourishing in a fast pace environment. In addition to their primary roles, they temporarily take on the role of managers and analysts. The business level leaders have a tight spot and they tend to take risks which can potentially damage the business if they do not anticipate obstacles. Hence, these magnitudes are recommended for large organizations.
Functional Level Leaders:
These leaders carry out the direction of business-level leaders and support employees performing specific project functions. The Functional Level Leadership Model is a model that concentrates on how leadership occurs, rather than focusing on who does the leading. It defines the types of behaviours that guide an organization and then looks at how those behaviours occur. Under this model, leadership is a distributed function. The various advantage of this model is that there are no real leader and people are still making decisions and forming opinions. Job positions are often used to deploy an individual to take responsibility without any delegated authority. The three areas where this kind of leadership can occur are team, task & individual.
Operation Level Leaders:
These leaders serve a key role in ensuring that things get done in an effective and efficient manner. Their focus is on what systems and processes are needed or will be impacted. They devise systems to make things run smoothly. they are great at creating policies, guidelines and instructions to ensure that things happen the right way, the first time. They are the architects that design and build the support of an organization. They serve as a hub through which activity is coordinated and They complement the other three leadership types.
The most suggested Leader required to be appointed at M/s Subodh Enterprise is the Business Level Leader Model. The reason why this type of business leader is required for the Enterprise is:
- Ensuring the business to maintain its vision: A good business leader ensures that the ship is sailing in the right direction, even in times that the organization has lost its course. They are alert and, on their toes, to ensure the vision of the organization stays towards the achievement which may at some point lose track of the big picture.
Inspiring morale: This makes the employees work harder and they have their eyes on the prize. They make the work environment compliant. They also make their superiors perform micro-management tasks, such as closely observing the work of an employee and a reactive environment to make proactive approaches by effective and high performers.
- Guiding an organization towards embracing diversity: It is important to have room for diversity in every business. Diversity with regards to women, millennial and minorities in an organization should be guided by the management to create an affirmative action toward this. Therefore an organization should have a policy on inclusion.
Communicating new strategic directions: Every new strategic direction for the organization need to be communicated to the employees with a point of authority via memos, emails and staff meetings. This will help employees to deal better with the changes that may come.
- Ensuring the employees are motivated: The formulation and implementation of motivational reward system are the purviews of organizational leadership. The key to motivating the employees should have professional and personal development programs, Opportunities for an employee to progress, Recognition of the employee and his contribution to the organization with responsibilities and creating a pleasant working environment for them.
- Availing necessary resources and support: The business leader is the one who gives the go-ahead for any acquisition or procures resources to perform better. The resources then expect the employee to help them deliver better.
Encouraging continuous learning: As already discussed as one of the keys to motivating employees, It is also important for them to learn as the better they deliver, and better people they become. If they do not get the opportunity, they will get it elsewhere.
- Inspiring a collective identity: It is every employee’s desire to identify with their company, especially if they are satisfied and they like their job and working environment. If the business leaders provide all the above, then they also have to inspire a collective identity within the organization.
Ensuring the points which constitute a good leader will help the Enterprise to grow in a good culture and a wealthy profitable Environment for both the company and the associates.